Candid feedback from every member of the Brigham community is critical to helping the institution deliver the best experience to patients, families and staff. Next month, employees will have an opportunity to share their perspective on a variety of topics covered by the 2020 Brigham Experience Employee Engagement Survey. The survey runs from March 9 to April 10.
Here are five reasons to participate.
- Survey results lead to positive changes. Since the 2018 Brigham Experience: Culture, Diversity & Inclusion Assessment, the institution has acted on feedback provided by employees to transform culture in several ways. These include opening the office of Mediation, Coaching and Support Services, building a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team, articulating new institutional values and guiding principles and launching the “Know the Line” anti-harassment program. In addition, feedback provided by nurses on the department’s Learning Needs Assessment guided the development of a comprehensive education plan to address nurses’ needs. Leaders are also following up on the results of the recent safety culture survey to address opportunities for improvement.
- Role-specific questions will help identify opportunities in units and practice areas. In addition to the questions that all employees will answer, nurses will also receive a set of role-specific questions that will help Department of Nursing leadership ensure that every nurse has a supportive practice environment in which to provide care.
- The survey is confidential. Press Ganey, a respected health care survey company, will send employees a personalized link to the survey via email and keep all responses confidential. To ensure that no individual can be identified based on their responses, Press Ganey will provide collective responses to Brigham leaders only if five or more people from the leader’s area respond.
- Dedicated time will be provided. Nurses and Patient Care Services staff are encouraged to work with their director to find time to complete the survey, either on their unit, via their smartphone or at a kiosk in designated areas of the hospital.
- Your feedback matters. The goal of this survey is to shape the next phase of culture transformation, and everyone’s perspective is important. A culture that is even more transparent, collaborative, innovative, diverse and inclusive will help the Brigham deliver an exceptional experience to patients and staff alike.