BWH is proud of its employees’ many achievements. BWH Heart & Science recognizes recent awards and honors, advanced degrees and certifications, promotions, presentations and publications of nurses and Patient Care Services staff, in a new online feature. If you or a colleague have an achievement to celebrate, please email HeartandScience@partners.org.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Lorelei Dwyer, MSN, AGPCNP-BC, of the Neuroscience Intermediate Care Unit, was honored with the DAISY Award in October 2017.
- Tricia Flynn, PT, senior physical therapist, was awarded the Rehabilitation Services Person of the Year Award in October 2017.
- Kris Mogensen, MS, RD, team leader dietitian specialist, was appointed to Governor Baker’s Malnutrition Prevention Commission.
- Mary Willis, MS, RN, CWOCN, was named New England Region of the Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses Society Nurse of the Year in October 2017.
- Kelley Bradshaw, MS, RD, manager of the Nutrition and Wellness Service, received the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ LEVEL 2 certificate in adult weight management.
- Laura Gillespie, RN, OCN, of Tower 7D, is now a certified oncology nurse.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Mary Absi, MSN, RN, Heather Hogan, BSN, RN, and Santina Wilson, BSN, RN, HN-BC, of Shapiro 8, published “Nurses Create a Healing Space at Brigham and Women’s Hospital: The Dream Continues,” in the ANA Massachusetts Report on Nursing in September 2017.
- Carolyn Beagan, PT, DPT, GCS, is among authors of “Continuous Femoral Nerve Block for Knee Arthroplasty: A Comparison of Three Evolving Regimens,” published in the Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand in September 2017.
- Dorothy Bradley, MSN, RN, program director in the Center for Nursing Excellence, and colleague Jamie M. Robertson, PhD, published “Simulation Clinical Scenario Design Workshop for Practicing Clinicians,” in MedEdPortal in October 2017.
- Donna Lynch, MSN, FNP-BC, of Tower 3BC, and colleagues Mariana Castells, MD, PhD, Jayme Dowdall, MD, Marlene Garcia-Neuer, Kathleen Marquis, PharmD, PhD, and David Sloane, MD, EdM, published “Drug-Induced Paradoxical Vocal Fold Motion,” in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice in October 2017.
- Laurel Mangelinkx, PT, DPT, presented “Hospice and the Role of Physical Therapy,” to the American Physical Therapy Association of Massachusetts Special Interest Group in October 2017.
- Meghan Markowski, PT, DPT, WCS, BCB-PMD, CLT, presented “Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy for Colorectal Conditions” to the Harvard Medical School Department of Continuing Education in September 2017.
- Lori Moore, dietetic intern, was among authors of “Urinary Excretion of Sodium, Nitrogen, and Sugar Amounts Are Valid Biomarkers of Dietary Sodium, Protein, and High Sugar Intake in Nonobese Adolescents,” published in The Journal of Nutrition in September 2017.
- Patrice Nicholas, DNSc, DHL(Hon.), MPH, MS, RN, ANP, FAAN, of the Center for Nursing Excellence, co-authored “Climate Change, Climate Justice, and Environmental Health: Implications for the Nursing Profession,” and “Mandate for the Nursing Profession to Address Climate Change Through Nursing Education,” published in the Journal of Nursing Scholarship in November 2017.
- Sarah Beth Thomas, MSN, RN, CCRN, of Tower 9CD, published “Acute Hypervolemic Hyponatremia: A Case Report,” in Nursing in October 2017.
- Vince Vacca, MSN, RN, CCRN, SCRN, ENLS, of Tower 9CD, published “Spotlight on Cerebellar Dysfunction in Adults,” in Nursing in October 2017.
- Allison Chaffman, CCC-SLP, was promoted to senior speech and language pathologist after having met the merit criteria established by BWH Rehabilitation Services.
- Laurel Mangelinkx, PT, DPT, Jennifer Murphy, PT, DPT, and Tricia Rae, PT, DPT, were promoted to senior physical therapists after having met the merit criteria established by BWH Rehabilitation Services.